Sins of my mind.

Welcome,. Take a seat. *No refunds.

4/11/2009

Books, books, books. Cecily von Ziegesar.

Posted by Gєммα;∂ιℓєммα. |

I need to read something. I have gone back to re-reading all of my interesting books. I have a pretty good memory so I remember it all which kind of ruins the fun and excitement of reading. (listen to me, 'fun & excitement of reading'.)

I have the first three books from the seven series set of 'The IT Girl'. It is by the author of Gossip Girl, Cecily von Ziegesar. She is a great author. She is brilliant at building up suspence. She also writes like a teenager and mentions modern clothes and brands and places so much you just feel so young and free and 'into' everything when you read it.

Anyways, I bought the second one ages ago and really enjoyed it so I went out and bought the first one then, other than glancing for it in the 'teenage fiction' section of any bookstore, I haven't thought of it much since. However, with my recent obsession with Gossip Girl and specifically Jenny Humphrey (a character in Gossip Girl and the main character of The IT Girl), I saw the series (recovered) in Melbourne and I bought the next one in the series - Reckless.

Reckless is more a build up book for the others. Well, I guess I see it like that because I read it in a few hours. The books are about the 'it' crowd at an expensive boarding school in America featuring partying, drinking, boys and clothes. Any-ho, I'm reading Reckless now.

I guess I recommend all of these but I guess I kind of recommend everything I post about.

I haven't done much today, just, as I told you before, finished reading the fifth and sixth books of the 'Tomorrow' series.

Just now however, I painted my nails yellow for tomorrow and the holidays - we can't have nail polish on at school (I don't know why, what harm will it do? Might we *gasp* express ourselves???). I found out I have this awesome pink-orange nail polish as well which I am sooo using next time. Haha - talking about nail polish colour.

Anyway..... I shall go now. Farewell, sleep well.
Gem-gem.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't wear nail polish at school? The ridiculousness of that shocks me.

However, if you're going to go with any colour, yellow is definitely a wonderful choice :-)

www.prettyexquisite.blogspot.com

Subscribe